terms of service
the medical association of georgia ("mag") maintains this web site information (the "site") as a benefit and service in furtherance of its nonprofit and tax exempt status. mag does not exert editorial control over materials on this site and assumes no responsibility for the opinions and information posted herein. mag welcomes your access and use of the site in accordance with the terms and conditions described herein.
terms and conditions
you hereby agree to abide by the terms and conditions contained herein. mag hereby reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these terms and conditions.
- compliance with applicable laws. your access and use of the site
is subject to all applicable federal and state laws, common law, regulations,
and mag policies. by accessing, using, browsing, downloading from,
and uploading to the site, you hereby agree to comply with all applicable
federal and state statutes, common law, regulations, and mag policies,
including, but not limited to, the laws governing copyrights, licensure,
trademarks, communication decency, electronic communications, antitrust
matters, defamation, obscenity, confidentiality, and privacy (collectively
the "laws," some of which are discussed below). furthermore,
mag shall not be responsible for, and you hereby agree to indemnify
mag for, any liability associated with your failure to comply with
- copyright laws. you should assume that all materials, information, data, text, images, audio, or video (collectively the "materials") available on the site are either the property of or used with permission by mag. as such, unless you are notified otherwise, these materials are subject to the copyright laws and may not be used without the prior express permission of mag. any unauthorized use of the materials may violate such laws. mag shall not be responsible for, and you hereby agree to indemnify mag for, any liability associated with infringement of the copyright laws related to your use of materials displayed on the site.
- trademarks, logos, and service marks. similarly, you should assume that the trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the site, including, without limitation, "the medical association of georgia," (collectively the "trademarks") are registered trademarks of mag or used with permission by mag. as such, unless you are notified otherwise, these trademarks are subject to the trademark laws and may not be used without the prior express permission of mag. any unauthorized use of the trademarks may violate such laws. mag and/or any third party that owns the trademarks shall be entitled to enforce their ownership rights in such trademarks to the fullest extent of the law, including seeking criminal prosecution. furthermore, mag shall not be responsible for, and you hereby agree to indemnify mag for, any liability associated with the infringement of the trademark laws related to your use of trademarks displayed on the site.
- antitrust. the antitrust laws prohibit a number of anti-competitive activities among competitors, including, but not limited to, price fixing, boycotts, and allocations of markets. mag does not condone or support any such anticompetitive behavior. you are, therefore, prohibited from using the site for one or more of the unlawful anticompetitive practices described above. in particular, in using the site you should avoid (i) disclosing or discussing fee-related information, (ii) making agreements to provide/not to provide services in certain instances, and (iii) dividing markets among themselves. mag shall not be liable for, and you hereby agree to indemnify mag for, any antitrust violations associated with your use of the site.
- defamation and obscenity. if you use the site to make any false and defamatory statements, make sexual references or innuendoes, or send or receive obscene materials, you may be liable under federal and/or state common law, as well as the communications decency act. you are prohibited from using the site to send or receive any unlawful, libelous, defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, or pornographic materials or any materials that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law and agree to indemnify mag for any damages incurred as a consequence of such activities. mag does not actively monitor the site for these prohibited activities nor does it undertake editorial control over materials on the site and shall not be responsible for any such liability associated with these activities; provided, however, in the event that you find any inappropriate materials on the site, you shall bring such materials to mag’s attention and mag may take any appropriate action.
- confidentiality and proprietary information. any materials
you transmit to the site are, and will be treated as, non-confidential
and non-proprietary. as such, all materials you transmit to the
site may be accessed and/or used for any purpose by any person
or entity, including, but not limited to, mag or its affiliates.
you hereby agree to waive any claim against mag or its affiliates
for any breach of confidentiality, invasion of privacy, or violation
of the electronic communications privacy act.
- representations & warranties. your use of the site is at your own risk. although mag may access and/or use any materials available on the site, mag is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of the site. although mag uses reasonable efforts to provide information and materials that are accurate and current, everything on the site is provided to you "as is," without representations or warranties of any kind. mag shall not be liable to you or to any third parties for any damages arising out of your use of the site.
- uploading. if you upload materials to this site, you hereby agree to grant a nonexclusive license to mag and any other person or entity who accesses the site to download, copy, and/or otherwise use such materials. by uploading materials onto the site, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright in such materials or have received permission from the owner. furthermore, you hereby agree to indemnify mag for any liability associated with any materials you upload to the site.
- downloading. once you have obtained mag’s prior express permission, you may download materials from the site for non-commercial purposes as long as you do not delete any copyright or other legends.
- viruses. mag assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your accessing, using, browsing, downloading from, or uploading to the site.
- off-site pages. mag has not reviewed the sites linked to this site and assumes no responsibility for the contents of any off-site pages or other sites linked to this site. if you link to any other off-site page or other sites, you do so at your own risk.
- entire agreement. the terms and conditions contained herein reflect the entire agreement between you and mag with respect to the subject matter hereof and all prior agreements, whether oral or written, are hereby superseded.
- amendment. mag may, at its sole discretion, revise the terms and conditions contained herein at any time by updating this posting. you agree to be bound by any such revisions and should, therefore, periodically visit this page to review the current terms and conditions
- governing law. in the event of any dispute involving the site, such dispute shall be governed by and decided in accordance with the laws of the state of georgia.